Proper fit of eyeglass frames is what matters more than any other factor in choosing a frame. If it doesn’t fit well, it will not be comfortable. If it isn’t comfortable you will not wear it. There are a few key components to consider in frame fit to ensure lasting comfort.
- The frame shouldn’t bee to wide or it will slip off easily.
- The frame shouldn’t be too narrow or it will pinch the sides of your head.
- The bridge should rest comfortably upon your nose.
- Temples should extend beyond your ears but be short enough to hold the frame in a stable position on your face.
- Neither the lenses or frames should rest upon your eyebrows, temples or cheeks.
- Your eyebrows should not be hidden by the frames, your brows should fall slightly below the frame or follow the curve of it.
In addition you need to make certain that your pupils should line up with the optical centers of the lenses so p.d. plays an important role in proper fit.